Messages with multiple intents: Tangowork Chatbot Accelerator v11
The Tangowork Chatbot Accelerator v11 makes it easy to re-use the same message again and again for different intents. But why would you want to do that? Let’s explore a few scenarios.
Scenario 1: “What’s the schedule” vs. “What’s next?”
At the IntranetNow conference, users needed to ask the chatbot “What’s the schedule?” and “What’s next?” Those 2 utterances, while similar, map to 2 different intents:
|“What’s the schedule?”||Schedule||Oldest to newest||All sessions|
|“What’s next?”||Schedule Next||Now to near future||Next 3 sessions|
The bot responded with the same content, but sorted differently. The first showed the entire schedule, oldest to newest, and the second showed the next 3 sessions starting from the current time.
Instead of duplicating agenda items, in Tangowork Chatbot Accelerator v11 we simply add 2 intents to each session:
The message appears twice in Content view, once under each intent. Edit either and the other changes:
Scenario 2: General vs. specific inquiry
One of our clients is relocating their corporate headquarters, and their chatbot answers questions about the move. Here’s a simplified sample conversation:
user: tell me about the new HQ bot: Tell me what you’d like to know! Pick from this list: 1. Address 2. Cafeteria 3. Gym user: 1 bot: Our new HQ is at 123 Main Street.
In the above conversation, the user’s first query is fairly general, and the Tangowork Chatbot Accelerator identifies the intent “About New HQ”. It finds 3 messages that match that intent. When the user enters (1), they get the address of the new building.
Now look at this conversation:
user: what’s the address of the new building? bot: Our new HQ is at 123 Main Street.
In this second conversation, the user’s intent is more specific: “Address for X”. But the answer is the same as pressing (1) in the first conversation. In v11, there’s no need to enter the content twice: you just assign 2 intents to one message:
There are many scenarios where the same answer works for 2 or more intents. It’s fast and easy to manage the content for those scenarios in Tangowork Chatbot Accelerator v11.
- Version 22: Excel import/export
- Version 21: Easy entity editing
- Version 20: Custom buttons in messages
- Version 19: Custom integrations
- Version 18: Confidence thresholds
- Version 17: Minor changes
- Version 16: Annotate transcripts with notes
- Version 15: Direct language model training
- Version 14: Chatbot analytics
- Version 13: Features for when the chatbot doesn't know
- Version 12: Chatbots for Sharepoint, easier content management
- Version 11: Messages with multiple intents
- Version 10: Skype for Business improvements
- Version 9: Transcripts, Subscribe, Test Broadcasts
- Version 8: Better date support, broadcasts for public bots
- Version 7: New search technology
- Version 6: Intent management & embedded web chat
- Version 5: Enhanced management console
- Version 4: Skype for Business, image management
- Version 3: Carousels & buttons
- Version 2: More preferences
- Version 1: Content management, broadcasts and language processing