Messages with multiple intents: Tangowork v11
Tangowork v11 makes it easy to re-use the same message again and again for different intents. But why would you want to do that? Let’s explore a few scenarios.
Scenario 1: “What’s the schedule” vs. “What’s next?”
At the IntranetNow conference, users needed to ask the chatbot “What’s the schedule?” and “What’s next?” Those 2 utterances, while similar, map to 2 different intents:
|“What’s the schedule?”||Schedule||Oldest to newest||All sessions|
|“What’s next?”||Schedule Next||Now to near future||Next 3 sessions|
The bot responded with the same content, but sorted differently. The first showed the entire schedule, oldest to newest, and the second showed the next 3 sessions starting from the current time.
Instead of duplicating agenda items, in Tangowork v11 we simply add 2 intents to each session:
The message appears twice in Content view, once under each intent. Edit either and the other changes:
Scenario 2: General vs. specific inquiry
One of our clients is relocating their corporate headquarters, and their chatbot answers questions about the move. Here’s a simplified sample conversation:
user: tell me about the new HQ bot: Tell me what you’d like to know! Pick from this list: 1. Address 2. Cafeteria 3. Gym user: 1 bot: Our new HQ is at 123 Main Street.
In the above conversation, the user’s first query is fairly general, and Tangowork identifies the intent “About New HQ”. It finds 3 messages that match that intent. When the user enters (1), they get the address of the new building.
Now look at this conversation:
user: what’s the address of the new building? bot: Our new HQ is at 123 Main Street.
In this second conversation, the user’s intent is more specific: “Address for X”. But the answer is the same as pressing (1) in the first conversation. In Tangowork v11, there’s no need to enter the content twice: you just assign 2 intents to one message:
There are many scenarios where the same answer works for 2 or more intents. It’s fast and easy to manage the content for those scenarios in Tangowork v11.
- Version 22: Excel import/export
- Version 21: Easy entity editing
- Version 20: Custom buttons in messages
- Version 19: Custom integrations
- Version 18: Confidence thresholds
- Version 17: Minor changes
- Version 16: Annotate transcripts with notes
- Version 15: Direct language model training
- Version 14: Chatbot analytics
- Version 13: Features for when the chatbot doesn't know
- Version 12: Chatbots for Sharepoint, easier content management
- Version 11: Messages with multiple intents
- Version 10: Skype for Business improvements
- Version 9: Transcripts, Subscribe, Test Broadcasts
- Version 8: Better date support, broadcasts for public bots
- Version 7: New search technology
- Version 6: Intent management & embedded web chat
- Version 5: Enhanced management console
- Version 4: Skype for Business, image management
- Version 3: Carousels & buttons
- Version 2: More preferences
- Version 1: Content management, broadcasts and language processing